IEA Hunt Seat Team
Interscholastic Equestrian Association (IEA)
- No rider needs to own a horse.
- Middle School & High School riders Grades 4th-12th
- Four levels: beginner, novice, intermediate, open.
- Points are tracked for individual rider accomplishments AND for overall, team accomplishments. Individuals and teams earn points to qualify for regional, zone and national finals.
- IEA competition season is from August to April.
- Students ride horses that are furnished by the host barn and chosen by random draw. The use of personal tack is not allowed and limited schooling is permitted. This equalizes competition variables and tests the horsemanship of the contestants.
Cadence Equestrian Center is home to a middle school and upper level school IEA Hunt Seat equestrian team: Team Cadence. The middle school team is grades 4-8 and the upper school team is grades 9-12. The IEA season is August-April each year.
Riders do not need to own or lease their own horse, or have their own tack to ride on the IEA team.
- Grades 4-12
- Ability to confidently ride at the canter on a variety of horses
- Minimum 1 year of formal riding instruction
- Currently enrolled in riding lessons
Ready to learn more about Team Cadence?
Send us a email for pricing and more information
**NOW ACCEPTING APPLICANTS FOR THE UPCOMING SEASON**
2024-2025 tryouts will be held July 2024
Team Cadence is seeking hardworking and motivated riders to join our team for the 2024-2025 season!
- Submit a tryout application form (Deadline: July 1, 2024)
- Accept email invitation to team tryouts. (TBD)
- Attend tryouts.
Note: All riders who apply and/or attend tryouts are not guaranteed a position on the team.
MEET THE COACHES
Former National Collegiate Equestrian Association (NCEA) athlete; Oklahoma State University.
USHJA Certified Trainer.
United States Hunter Jumper Association Certified Trainer.