CADENCE RIDING ACADEMY INFORMATION
FIRST LESSON INSTRUCTIONS
Cadence Equestrian Center, LLC
14150 S Pine Street
Edmond, OK 73034
LESSON CHECK IN:
The Riding Academy Barn is the first building on the left as you come down our drive. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your lesson time. Walk all the way to the back of the barn and your instructor will meet you!
For a first lesson students can wear jeans and closed toe shoes. Boots with a heel are preferred footwear. Cadence provides riding helmets for all sizes. If you plan to purchase riding apparel, please refer to our website for local stores and correct attire information. If you are unsure of what to purchase, your instructor can assist you. Please make sure long hair is tied back. Chewing gum, sandals, baggy clothing, and long jewelry are not permitted.
CADENCE RIDING ACADEMY POLICIES
CEC emails monthly invoices at the 1st of each month with a convenient online payment tab. CEC accepts ACH and all major credit and debit card payments. If you prefer to pay by check, money order, or cash, please mail or drop off in the black mailbox next to the Academy Tack Room. If paying with cash, please give to your instructor and ask for a receipt.
Tuition is due on or before the 1st lesson of each month. This is a commitment to completing that month’s lessons. There are no refunds or credits. There is a $20 late fee added to all invoices left unpaid after 7 days from email delivery.
There is a $25 service charge for returned checks.
SCHEDULING: Cadence Academy instructors arrange their own lesson schedules. Students are required to take a minimum of 1 lesson per week/4-5 per month.
CANCELLATIONS & MAKE-UP LESSONS: If you cancel a lesson, there are NO REFUNDS or CREDITS. Students will receive a make-up lesson as long as a 24-hour minimum notice was given to the instructor (in writing; by email or text). In the event of an instructor absence, there will be an appropriate substitute instructor.
Makeup lessons must be taken within 30 days of missed lesson or fees are forfeited. Only one makeup lesson is allowed every month, except for medical or other uncontrollable situations.
CADENCE RIDING ACADEMY RULES
- Closed-toed shoes are required to be worn by ALL VISITORS while on CEC property. NO flip flops/sandals.
- If dropping off your child, please arrive 10 minutes before the lesson ends for pick up.
- We welcome parents to watch lessons, but please observe your children on the outside of the gate/arena or in the designated seating areas within indoor arena.
- Please refrain from “coaching” or “critiquing” your child during his/her lesson. This is distracting to not only your child, but also to the instructor and to the other children in the lesson.
- Please supervise all children who are not attending lessons at all times and make them aware of all barn rules. Do not let children play in the wood shavings pile, hay barn, feed room, or around horses.
- Please do not enter any buildings or storage areas other than Riding Academy areas.
- Please do not interrupt the instructor during lesson times. If you need to discuss an issue with your instructor, please do so outside of lesson times via phone, email, or appointment.
- Do not feed any horse – this includes apples, grass, carrots, cookies, sugar, etc. — without asking permission of the instructor. Some horses have medical issues and this ensures the health and well being of our horses.
- Never enter any stall or pasture on the property without permission from instructor.
- Please do not park on the grass or in front of dumpsters, trailers, wood shavings piles, etc.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes early for lessons. Notify instructors about tardiness and absences as early as possibly.
- There is no running or yelling on the property as this may frighten the horses.
- Do not bring pets, bikes, toys, scooters, balloons, balls, etc. to the barn as this may frighten the horses.
- Do not handle barn animals including dogs, cats, or any horse not being used for your lesson.
- There is NO smoking on CEC property.
- The speed limit on the property is 5 mph. Please use extreme caution when entering and exiting CEC property, and watch for pedestrians, horses & our other barn animals.